Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has made the federal government's first commitment to move forward with a plan to ban asbestos.
- Day of mourning for workers focuses on asbestos ban
- Asbestos banned in construction, renos at federal sites
- National inventory of federal buildings containing asbestos
- Legislation banning the use, import and export of anything containing asbestos.
- A national registry of all public buildings that contain asbestos.
- A national registry of all workers diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases to be tracked by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety.